1. Viva started making noises that sound like words today. She was saying "Da-da" all day today. That was Anna's first word too. Should I feel bad about this?
2. Anna got a tea set a few days ago that she absolutely loves. She's been having tea parties with the Mickey Mouse doll that I brought home from my mission. (One of the only souvenirs that I have from my mission. But, hey, what else am I going to bring home when I went to Orlando, Florida?)
3. Recently, Anna has told me that her "tongue is sad", her "arm-pip is sad", and her "stomach is crying." I'm hoping that the next body part that displays an emotion will have a happy one.
4. Anna is really into names lately. This is the conversation we have about five times a day:
Anna: "Mom, ask me my name."
Me: "What's your name?"
Anna: "Annalyn Kate Weed."
Me: "That's a beautiful name!"
Anna: "What's Viva's name?"
Me: "Olivia Michele Weed."
Anna: "Nice name!" (I love the way she says "Nice name!" She drags the "N" of nice out really long and says the rest of the phrase really fast. I have no idea where she got that from either.)
Anna again: "What's your name?"
Me: "Lolly Weed." (I tried "Laurel" the first time and she couldn't say it, so we're sticking with Lolly.)
Anna: "Nice name!"
5. Today I walked in on Anna singing "Follow the Prophet" and in her lap was a picture of President Monson. I loved that moment!